Forum

Questions and discussions

Essential to all users read this!

Script's setup and configuration

Essential to all users read this!

Postby vetta » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:56 pm

this is very important, I believe this could be the biggest advancement to the script yet!
most newer digital cams shoot over the 5m limit and the on site uploaders java,flash,simple etc. do not handle large files very good at all, it seems the java uploader uploads files the best.
Ive been placing folders in the photopreupload folder with user names attached and allowing users access to only their user folder via ftp and then im going back to the folders daily to copy the files and past them to the photopreupload folder and adding them through bulk upload in the admin panel...this works great! however it would be much simpler if the script placed the files in the users account automatically after uploading via ftp. and the contributor could then login to his/her account and edit the images direct from the contributor panel for approval from admin through admin panel.
In other words create code so that users can upload via ftp and the script does all the work I jus described.

the biggest complain I get from contributors is that their files are too bag and they cant upload them. maybe this could be in the form of a desk top application, bulk uploader.
if you agree post yes here and maybe admin will take not!

if custom script is required and out of admins scope would anyone like to start a pool to raise money to have this created?
vetta

Re: Essential to all users read this!

Postby Bidsl » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:15 am

I'd be interested. Maybe add this to "wishlist"?
Bidsl

Postby dpi » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Hello, I've thought about it a long time ago because sending via ftp, but it created a problem.
The script would have to say what the gallery that will put the images, because that fall outside the gallery?
For example, create a gallery and those images will be published in the right gallery!
As he runs script for publication will have to know where and when the public gallery.
Better because we have a team of good photographers they are allowed to publish directly without administrator to order, which makes it even easier.
The idea is to post the pictures as soon as possible, which was great.
A programmed script must be previously created with the gallery address right to publish the images.
I'm just giving an example ...
To solve this problem, narrow interested in the script to use.
thank you,
PO
dpi

Postby vetta » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 pm

no problem, update script and have a default category named "uncategorized images" and have all images by default via ftp go to this category, artists upload the images via ftp and they would be automatically placed in this category and artists can login to their account and categorize images as they wish or admin could login and search category "uncategorized" and check all related images and click move to category and move to whatever category they choose.
vetta

Postby dpi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:11 pm

Okay, I think that works.
I want to ask if the script does not add up to 3 categories, or;
edit the script and choose 2 or 3 categories to add images.
More add to place the photographer, if the image is free, it is editorial and assign the license to these images.
We create the file for each folder ftp for all photographers.
Thus, we can schedule the script for each job and put inside these folders.
The photographer that will do the job will not be more concerned with the publication, just send the ftp service.
If you get this I'm interested in testing the script and pay your job.
Thank you,
Oliveira Paulo
dpi

Postby vetta » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:58 am

dpi wrote:Okay, I think that works.
I want to ask if the script does not add up to 3 categories, or;
edit the script and choose 2 or 3 categories to add images.
More add to place the photographer, if the image is free, it is editorial and assign the license to these images.
We create the file for each folder ftp for all photographers.
Thus, we can schedule the script for each job and put inside these folders.
The photographer that will do the job will not be more concerned with the publication, just send the ftp service.
If you get this I'm interested in testing the script and pay your job.
Thank you,
Oliveira Paulo

i have a few more weeks before i advertise on web and my local area. Once i start getting more interest in the site and more contributors i will start to push for this feature.
spent two weeks transferring a contributors online portfolio of 60,000 images to the site and adding his images, i just created a category called "random" and uploaded all photos to this category now im going back in admin panel and taking all images from "random cat." and re-categorizing them all when i have free time. this helped out alot.
vetta

Return to Configuration