Forum

Questions and discussions

updated to 14.01 now no images

Script's setup and configuration

Re: updated to 14.01 now no images

Postby vetta » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:48 pm

heavy on the database? got a lot more work to do than just removing random images from results, its takes a long time to display search results in web browser from united states and your lucky if the server doesnt time out before you can see results from ipad or tablet. i cant imagine how long it takes from other countrys. website recieved an "A" for first byte time which im sure every site recieves, an "F" grade on everything else and im running a high powered server from usa and this test comes from cable speed from dules VA. USA

A
First Byte Time
F
Keep-alive Enabled
F
Compress Transfer
F
Compress Images
F
Progressive JPEGs
F
Cache static content
vetta

Postby eva » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:40 pm

vetta wrote:i was waiting for a page to open for update maybe it should be noted not to refresh page. thought something was wrong with the script so i was re uploading the update.php file and refreshing the page. thought it was going to open an update page at update.php i didnt know it started running a script on load.

This is a valid point. A blank page can easily be understood as an error of some sort. I myself was upgrading today and took it as an error. Luckily the database got updated pretty quick otherwise I might have also click 'update' several times.

Also, there are other instances where information/indication that command is actually being processed would be greatly appreciated. E.g. when one clicks on add to cart button a tooltip saying 'added to cart' could solve a lot of frustration. As it is now the clients have no indication that the item was added hence click again and again and again.

Perhaps something for to-do-list?
eva

Postby vetta » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:39 pm

vetta wrote:heavy on the database? got a lot more work to do than just removing random images from results, its takes a long time to display search results in web browser from united states and your lucky if the server doesnt time out before you can see results from ipad or tablet. i cant imagine how long it takes from other countrys. website recieved an "A" for first byte time which im sure every site recieves, an "F" grade on everything else and im running a high powered server from usa and this test comes from cable speed from dules VA. USA

A
First Byte Time
F
Keep-alive Enabled
F
Compress Transfer
F
Compress Images
F
Progressive JPEGs
F
Cache static content

same here, takes an agonizing 6-7 seconds to load search results and another 6-7 seconds to browse page to page, its so slow i needed to turn off autopaging.
vetta

Previous

Return to Configuration