Forum

Questions and discussions

user account

Script's setup and configuration

user account

Postby eva » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Users that create account on our site are buyers only. They don't sell anything and have no need to upload anything or view their commission. Consequently there is no need for display of parts of user's panel.

There is no specific category 'Buyer' so I created a new seller category 'users' unchecked everything there and assigned it as default to Photographer's status. Now users cannot upload anything and so on.

However, the menu itself is still there. There is some info but nothing can be executed. What do I need to do to hide the middle part of the menu (upload files, my publications, models, my commission)?

I know it can be done. During my tests changing things around I succeeded to do it. The problem is I cannot remember now what it is that I did and cannot recreate it.

Thanks
eva

Re: user account

Postby admin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 pm

The users have only 4 types on the site:
- buyer
- seller
- affiliate
- common = buyer + seller + affiliate functions.

You can check the user's type here:
Admin panel -> Users -> Customers.

Probably your users have 'common' type by default. That's why they have seller's functions.

The seller's permissions and limits can be set here:
Admin panel -> Settings -> Seller categories
But you cannot create any new user's type here.

If you don't want to have all new users 'common' by default you should disable the setting:
Admin panel -> Settings - >Site settings -> Common account for buyers,sellers and affiliates
admin
Site Admin

Return to Configuration