Forum

Questions and discussions

empty shopping cart

Report any problems or bugs

empty shopping cart

Postby lucy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 pm

When customer go to paypal during checkout and he/she cancels procesing payment (in paypal), he/she is coming back to the website (with information about payment error). But the shopping cart is empty! I think it should contains all items previosly added. Propably canceling payment in every payment gateways has this same result- empty shopping cart. How to solve this?
lucy

Re: empty shopping cart

Postby admin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 am

When a buyer is redirected to Paypal the order is created (with 'pending' status) and the shopping cart becomes empty.

The buyer can try to pay again for the order. Member area -> orders -> link for the payment.
admin
Site Admin

Postby lucy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 am

I know. Your solution make sense.
But I noticed that a lot of my customers selecting for example moneybookers and then they changing their mind (possibly they don't have enough funds) and comming back to pay via paypal. So they fills their cart again with this same items and go to paypal.
Maybe when customer coming back with error he/she should see order list page?
But the problem is that user after come back is logged out.
lucy

Postby lucy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Anton, this seems to be serious problem: when user is coming back from paypal he is logged out. Not always but very often. I can't figure out what is the reason.
lucy

Postby lucy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 am

solved:
The problem occurs when user is redirecting to paypal from doman.com and return url is set to www.domain.com. When user is redirecting from domain: www.domain.com he MUST back to www.doman.com
.htaccess RewriteRule solves this problem
lucy

Payment proces is cancelled: Shopping cart is empty

Postby mj72 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:28 pm

I have the same problem, when buyers use Stripe as credit card payment, and cancel - of different reasons.

They don't look in Member area > orders > link for the payment.

Lucy, which RewriteRule code did you exactly put in .htaccess?
mj72

Return to Bugs & Troubleshooting