Forum

Questions and discussions

Sellers set prices for images..

Questions about feature's usage

Sellers set prices for images..

Postby maansy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 am

Hi
This is my first post. I would like to thank the script coder for doing a fine job.
My question:
After reviewing the demo, I see that sellers have the right to price their own images and then admin can approve the submission.
What if I want sellers to stick to the site prices and all they can see in their end is a note of the site prices.
For example:
Small Image (500x500) $2
Medium image (1500x1500) $4
Large image (3500x3500) $8

That bring another question:
Let's say that the minimum image size required for submission is 3500x3500 px ( as it should be defined in back end ) and that fall into the "large image" category.
And a buyer now (based on the above example) has the options to select which size he wants to buy and download.
Let say he would like to buy that image but in small size ( for example 500x500) does the script automatically resize the image to the desired size?
Or the image submitter should submit the three sizes ( small, medium and large ) for the same image to let the buyer choose which size he want?

Thanks
maansy

Re: Sellers set prices for images..

Postby maansy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 am

Is anyone here any more?
maansy

Postby admin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Usually the stock sites have common price policy and the photographers may not change the prices. But if you would like i can remove 'readonly' attribute from the price field.

The script creates all necessary photo sizes itself automatically.
admin
Site Admin

Postby maansy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:48 am

admin wrote:Usually the stock sites have common price policy and the photographers may not change the prices. But if you would like i can remove 'readonly' attribute from the price field.

The script creates all necessary photo sizes itself automatically.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ok to make it more feasible, can you add such a checkbox in the photograghers privileges that says for example:
Can photographers add prices to files? Yes no
Ex: if no, files will follow the site pricing system. If yes, photographers can add prices to files and overwrite the site pricing system.

Also if no, photographers can see a read only prices on top of the upload field.

Is this doable?

Thanks
maansy

Postby cwun » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:07 am

I need to setting some users can modify photo price, but some users can't...how to do that?
cwun

Postby admin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 am

You should modify the file:
/admin/function/upload.php

and replace

Code: Select all
$readonly="readonly";

with:

Code: Select all
$readonly="";
admin