Forum

Questions and discussions

SEO

Marketing, Population, SEO

SEO

Postby calvorn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi:

I notice I am not getting picked-up by the search engines

I know that on another photo site I run that does show up a lot in Google and others that the app generates an xml file of all categories,titles, and descriptions in a format that can be submitted to Google and other search engines. Is that a possibility here?

Regards,

Cal
calvorn

Re: SEO

Postby cadlibrary » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:32 pm

I never had a problem with getting indexed fast. Open a Google Webmasteraccount if you don't use this tool allready.

For xml sitemaps there are many php scripts available. I am using http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone- ... ator.html.. great script which i use for all my websites.
cadlibrary

Postby lucy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:40 am

Interesting tool.
But video sitemap does't work for Photo Store script. Do you know any ready-to-use tool which could generate video-sitemap for Photo Store script?
lucy

Postby cadlibrary » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:12 pm

No, because videositemaps needing description and thumbnail links by xml standard. This is another reason why i miss data export to csv file in the backend. Whit a excel makro it would be possible to generate sitemaps of all kind.
cadlibrary

Postby calvorn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks, will try the XML sitemap generator. They say it works with images, too.

Cal
calvorn

Postby cadlibrary » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:56 pm

The script is working in the background and as a cron job. Needind a lot of resources and crawling a site with let's say more then 1000 pics takes more then 30 minutes generating many thousend links (all the search results)... in advanced settings there is the option to set a delay between requests, which is a great feature, let you crawl and index very large sites in the background while your site visitors can still surf the website whitout timeouts. I tell you so because as i first time used this script i did not know about and got a warning from my hosting provider.

About video sitemap.. it is possible to write a hack and fetch tumbnail and description from the single file website. If more board members here are interested we could let it make and share the costs.
cadlibrary

Postby lucy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Google webmaste tool tells the most important keyword at my site is cart. Interesting... :o
lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:39 am

How to hide Shopping Cart while it is empty?
lucy

Postby cadlibrary » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:30 am

Post your domain and i can take a look. There is mostly something easy which can be improved for better rankings.

As for Antons script i can say that it is still not perfect for seo because of missing meta tags, but it comes close and google is crawling nearly if not all php generated links whitout a sitemap. This means anton did a good job with linking.

There is no reason to hide the shopingcard while empty - you must use mainkeywords for your niche and use 2 or 3 of those on EVERY SITE. But like i said - let me take a look and i can give you some examples.
cadlibrary

Postby lucy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:39 am

lucy

Next

Return to Tips and tricks