Re: SEO

Postby cadlibrary » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Quick analysis of your site

Google indexing
8780 pages indexed - good

Titel

Homepage
editableclips - conformable royalty free motion graphics library

your site is ranking for (Titel Keywordladder)
editableclips - 1 - good
concurrence - zero
traffic - very LOW

conformable royalty free motion graphics library - 1 - concurrence zero - traffic zero
royalty free motion graphics library - 1 - concurrence 0 - traffic zero
free motion graphics library - 1 concurrence 1 site traffic - near zero
motion graphics library - 3 - concurrence 70 000 sites - traffic near zero
graphics library - not listed top 100 - concurrence 90 000 sites - traffic large

motion graphics (mainkeyword) - not in top 100 - concurrence 640 000 sites - traffic ok

My suggestions: Try to find a title including more traffic generating keywords but do not
use keywords with to much concurrence (see my next posting)

Use your mainkeyword(s) FIRST in your titel

Example: (mainkeyord1) (mainkeyword2) (mainkeyword3) - on editableclips

Innerpages:

In header.tpl add the SAME keywords here:
<title>mainkeyword1, mainkeyword2, mainkeyword3, {SITE_NAME}</title>
make the sitetitle in the backend very short maybe just " - editable clips"
<meta name="description" content="mainkeyword1, mainkeyword2, mainkeyword2, {DESCRIPTION}">

Use the mainkeywords also in tags.

Your Keywords NOW (Innerpages) title:
Example: Sydney Opera House

Title: Sydney Opera House - architecture - editableclips - conformable royalty free motion graphics library

Should look like:
Movie Clips, Motion Graphics, Videos - Sydney Opera House - architecture - royalty free on editable clips

Metatags NOW:
<meta name="description" content="Sydney Opera House, a World Heritage site and a masterpiece of 20th-century architecture at sunset with calm water, HD1080p Editable clips - customizable animations, motion graphics, backgrounds, loops, broadcast designs, visualizations">

Files with longer descriptions will not show your keywords on google because the text is limited that's why you should include them first before {description}
cadlibrary

Postby lucy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 am

Many THANKS :)
I owe you a beer
lucy

Postby cadlibrary » Sat May 07, 2011 12:25 am

Just checked again your site - many but not all pages are now indexed with the new title including 3 mainkeywords at the beginning.

Sidney Opera House is now ranking for "Animation Sidney Opera House" on place 7 - below how it looks in google..

Animation, motion graphic, video - Sydney Opera House ...
19 Apr 2010 ... Stock animation: Sydney Opera House, a World Heritage site and a masterpiece of 20th-century architecture at sunset with calm water, ...
http://www.editableclips.com/video/sydn ... house.html - Cached

Rankings: Animation Sydney Opera House 7
Motion Graphics Sydney Opera House 1
Clip Sydney Opera House 10
Video Clip Siydney Opera House 8

Not bad :-).. you use now just "animation" in the description, if you add the other keywords too at the beginning, you could gain 2 or 3 places for those too.

If you'r longtherm goal is to rank on page one for your mainkeywords, use them in your TAGS and Categories.. it is very important to have inner links with your mainkeywords..

Under your header you have text looking like a menu but is not linked: motion graphics | 3D/2D animation | backgrounds | loops | broadcast design | visualizations .... i would link this keywords to searches or textpages.. this will give you very strong innerpages because linked from every page and good keywords as anchor tags. if your site hopefully going to be a authority site later those links may be listed at google under your site description.

http://www.editableclips.com/?search=motion graphics
http://www.editableclips.com/?search=backgrounds

Then some links from other websites like this : [url]motion graphic video clips[/url] and your site can rank in Top 20 in 3 - 6 months.. for keywords like "motion graphic", "motion graphic clips" and others.

Cheers :-)
cadlibrary

Postby lucy » Sat May 07, 2011 11:35 am

Your advices are priceless :) I did as you said before and I experienced 100% traffic increase. Two days ago I have found how to check keywords concurences and now I can't decide which one to use :) I will continue this subject during next days. Thank you again! :)
lucy

Postby cadlibrary » Sun May 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Glad to hear your traffic improved 100% :-)...

Yes - Keyword research and doing the right decision is a complex theme. It would be also nonsense when i make a analysis for photo and video sites and write here about the results, to much concurrence :-)

But i can give some tips how to do it yourself:

Go to google adwords keywordtool and do searches whit some of your favor keywords..

identify keywords with less competition (the green bar)..

Check those keywords with a search on google.com: allintitle:"your keyword/phrase"...
    allintitel:"x" will return just websites using ("x") in the websites title. And this is your real concurrence.

If there are lesser websites using the same keywords in title then people doing global searches (keywordtool) for the same term - you found a good keyword. This is a rule of thumb.

It is not impossible to get good rankings for websites with more allintitle results then global searches but this may take more time and effort (linking, social media, directories and so on)

Study your concurrence in the top 10. If you see a website using your keyword as domain, in description and early in the title you can be sure that it will be very difficult to get a higher ranking. But you may be happy just to rank under them.

For building a possible future authority site i look for keywords with 50 000 - 200 000 global searches... based on my experience, with 2 - 3 keywords like this (ranking on place 1 - 3 at google) one has about 30 000 - 50 000 monthly visitors. Keep in mind that this is a mid/longtherm strategy.
cadlibrary

Postby Theiven » Fri May 13, 2011 7:42 am

Hi Guys,

I dont think I am doing well with my site.. Its has been almost a year . 0 sales.

Any suggestions on what am i missing out? please help

footageplus.com

Thanks
Theiven

Postby cadlibrary » Sat May 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi Theiven.. i've just made a new tread to discus your problem.. "No sales - Strategies". this tread here is all about getting traffic with SEO.
cadlibrary

Postby erikger » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 am

Hi cadlibrary

I like the posted tool (unlimited sitemap creator) do you know if it is still in work, because the order link is broken.

About video sitemap.. it is possible to write a hack and fetch tumbnail and description from the single file website. If more board members here are interested we could let it make and share the costs.

i am very interested (now it is only possible to make a videomap from emmbed videos)
erikger

Postby erikger » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:56 am

erikger wrote:Hi cadlibrary

I like the posted tool (unlimited sitemap creator) do you know if it is still in work, because the order link is broken.

About video sitemap.. it is possible to write a hack and fetch tumbnail and description from the single file website. If more board members here are interested we could let it make and share the costs.

i am very interested (now it is only possible to make a videomap from emmbed videos)

It worked. Still interested in the hack
erikger

Previous

Return to Tips and tricks