Questions and discussions
We have to activate manually all new user's accounts because there are nearly 10-15 spam registrations per day. if your account isn't activated for some reasons you should Contact Us
At Rackspace clouds hosting and Amazon S3
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Since version 11.07 the Photo Video Store script supports remote file storage at Rackspace clouds files and Amazon S3.
The benefits of remote file storage on Amazon S3 and Rackspace clouds hostings:
1) Until the version 11.07 you were able to store media files only on the same server where the script was installed. It is not always convenient.
Now you can install the script on one server and store all files on the clouds servers.
The script requires only 25-50Mb disk space for the php files and temporary media files.
2) The disk space can grow without any limitation on the clouds hostings. You pay only for what you use.
3) It is cheap, easy and safe way to store media files.
4) The speed of file's download is fast and garanted.
5) Probably it is a single way to store large GBs video files.
6) Many hostings don't allow to store media file even if they announce unlimit disk space.
7) You can easily change a hosting. You don't need to move gigabites of file's archives to a new server. You have to upload only several megabites of php files.
8) This is a global tendention to store data on the clouds servers.
You can set the clouds storage here:
Admin panel -> Settings -> File storage
Are you separate your website at one ISP and put all data on RackSpace?
or just put it all togather??
i am trying to figure out what:
Outgoing Bandwidth GB
i would mostly aim at.
this is what i came across.
- photo 2000px x 2000px is 5mb
- video 2mb - 20mb
- audio 2mb - 10mb
but what about Outgoing Bandwidth? what does it mean and how can i know how much to use to collculate?
heres a link to the calculator: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html
heres what i entered as an example:
Reduced Redundancy Storage:0
GET and Other Requests:30,000
Inter-Region Data Transfer Out:20GB
Data Transfer Out:10GB
Data Transfer In:120GB
total cost estimate: $11.48/Month
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests