Forum

Questions and discussions

Configuration problems / questions

Settings of Wordpress plugin and themes

Configuration problems / questions

Postby proterra » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Test the free Plugin in my WP development area. The fresh install runs, but after upload some images I get "404" errors for all Sites / Subsites like categories, galleries. Didn´t change the permalinks but configure other things:

- change the thumb sizes
- disable prints (there is a failure: deactivate the option but the checkbox is still checked)
- disable google maps (there is a failure: deactivate the option but the checkbox is still checked)

Maybe the permalink structure overwrite? The htaccess looks like a clear WP install.

Questions:
- how can I change the IPTC Title field that the plugin use
- is there an option to assign special licence types to top categories and there sub-categories?
- have a search problem (also in your demo): If i search in a top category I didn´t get any results of the subcategories (for example: search for "cat" in your folder nature, I get no results )
proterra

Re: Configuration problems / questions

Postby admin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Maybe the permalink structure overwrite? The htaccess looks like a clear WP install.

You should deactivate and reactivate back Photo Video Store plugin in WP admin -> Plugins.
The URLs will start working.

There must be the section in WP .htaccess file:
Code: Select all
# BEGIN Photo Video Store
RewriteRule ^static([0-9]*)\/preview([0-9]*)\/[\w-]+-([0-9]+).(jpg|jpeg|flv|mp4|mp3)$ wp-content/uploads/content$1/$3/thumb$2.$4 [L]
# END Photo Video Store

The plugin adds it automatically (if .htaccess is writable).

- how can I change the IPTC Title field that the plugin use

You should modify the function:
/wp-content/plugins/photo-video-store/includes/functions/upload.php

Code: Select all
function pvs_publication_iptc_add

- is there an option to assign special licence types to top categories and there sub-categories?

It is not possible.

- have a search problem (also in your demo): If i search in a top category I didn´t get any results of the subcategories (for example: search for "cat" in your folder nature, I get no results )

Yes it doesn't search in the subcategories. I don't know if it is a problem or not. But it is a reality.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Configuration problems / questions

Postby proterra » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi there,

because the different licences / prices for image Categories didn´t runs is it possible to install two versions of your software of the same host / domain for the same price?

Or can I solve the different price options for categories to use the multisite option in WordPress
proterra

Return to Configuration