Forum

Questions and discussions

Hosting Question

Discuss hosting companies and select appropriate ones

Hosting Question

Postby brians » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:42 am

Hi guys,

I've been thinking for a while but I finally decided to pull the trigger and buy Photo/Video script. I think I spent two weeks trying to figure out who should I host my site with. This is what I'm planning to do. I have photos and video clips that I want to offer. The site will be under Photo Video Store script LITE VERSION ... I won't be inviting contributors, I will sell only my own work. Considering the size of videos, I will host my media with RackSpace. When comes down to hosting, I want to start with shared package simply because I want to test water first before committing to something much more expensive. What I need is FFMPEG support and decent php.ini limits. I've checked at least 10 shared hosting sites with ffmpeg support but I have no idea if their php.ini limits will be good enough. Please let me know, recommend or point me to the right place where I can host the site ... provider that you use to sell photos and videos with RackSpace option. :oops:

Thanks a lot,

Brian
brians

Re: Hosting Question

Postby lucy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 am

I use Lunarpages. They are quite good but have some limitation. FFMPEG is getting slower every month do not support On2 codec in flv - currently is useless for large full HD videos.
I tested Hostmonster also and I do not recommend them because of limitation for php - execution time limit for video files needs to be long.
lucy

Postby brians » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks Lucy for your feedback. I think this is becoming more and more complicated :D . I've heard that Imageleet.com isn't so bad but I have no clue who might be using this provider ... I would like to hear their feedback.

Brian
brians

Postby brians » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:32 am

I got the hosting signed with Imageleet and so far they been really great. We'll see how it goes.
brians

Postby nycomvideographer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:20 am

Hello All,
New here, my template has been performed, and I am now ready for hosting..
I want to expose flv video instead of High Def, too heavy files.
So, if you have any experience on managing this kind of website, and about hosting (dedicated server or VPS, or normal hosting?), all your advices will be welcome ;-)
(I see Imageleet.com, 1&1.com)
Thanks in advance
nycomvideographer

Return to Web Hosting