Forum

Questions and discussions

Checkout without registration?

Script's setup and configuration

Checkout without registration?

Postby joBox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:57 am

Just a little confused ... does this mean a user can checkout without logging in?? ... because whenever I click the checkout button (after disabling credits in the admin panel), I get taken to a screen that makes me:

1) login with a username and password or
2) signup or
3) login with with Facebook or Twitter or
4) login as guest

ALL of which is a MASSIVE barrier in the buying process. Can't a user simply click checkout and go DIRECTLY to a screen to enter the Credit Card info? It seems that makes the most since, right?

Unless I'm doing something wrong? ... which COULD be the case. If so, WHERE is this feature in the admin panel?

Thanks!

joBox
joBox

Re: Checkout without registration?

Postby admin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 am

"Login as guest" means "Checjout without registration"
admin
Site Admin

Postby joBox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Then why does a user HAVE to give an email address at this point? It makes sense if a user wants a receipt AFTER they've entered credit card info, but not before. If it's before, it seems like a barrier.

The reason I'm asking is because I've been researching Shopping Cart Optimization and came across this article: "30 reasons your customers aren't buying: How to optimize your shopping cart" and it has some very informative information that you night want to consider. http://www.wordtracker.com/academy/chec ... timization

#2 is continue as Guest (like you already have), but sites like Walmart don't make you give an email address to continue.

So, I'm wondering why a user needs to enter an email address if they just simply want to check out as fast as possible. Is it necessary? To me, it seems like a barrier ... a reason for shopping cart abandonment.

joBox
joBox

Postby admin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 am

The email is necessary to send download links to the client after the purchase. The payment process can be terminated or a transaction cannot be approved instantly for some reasons. In this case the client lost everything.

Now the client is registered on the site automatically, he gets login/password by email and then receives all download links by email too.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Configuration